Office AdministratorRedwood City, CA
Redwood City, CA
The Office Administrator will be under the guidance of the same principal that informs the HR and Facilities teams:
- To anticipate and meet the needs of our employees so that they may focus on building something great
- To create an office environment that attracts and retains great people.
As the Office Administrator you will be the first point of contact for the company and you will provide administrative support across the organization. You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all administrative responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. You will support the Facilities team in maintaining a clean, well-stocked, comfortable environment for our employees and our guests.
- Support visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Answer incoming phone calls, taking and delivering messages when appropriate.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers.
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (issue visitor badges).
- Manage lunch service, ordering visitor lunches and daily extra lunches. Receiving said food deliveries.
- Maintain conference room scheduling, supply stock, and cleanliness.
- Keep inventory of office supplies and report to Facilities for ordering before we are out of stock.
- Form and maintain relationships with vendors and building staff.
- Support the Human Resources department with scheduling and filing.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally (written and oral).
- Responsible and reliable.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi task in a demanding environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and GSuite.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to remain flexible and calm in high pressure or continually changing situations
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- College degree is a plus, high school diploma is required.
- Previous office experience preferred.
IMVU, the #1 avatar-based social network welcomes users to join a never-ending world where anything is possible, including connecting with people from all over the world. It's here that the fun is infinite and reality is limitless. The IMVU Virtual Shop is the largest of its kind, with an inventory of more than 20 million user-generated, VR-ready goods and growing everyday. From collections that include the hottest trends and throwback sneakers to fairy wings and couture gowns, the marketplace allows our users to personalize, customize and stylize their 3D avatars and environments to their hearts' content. With over three million unique users every month, our platform is poised for future growth and available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Founded in 2004 and based in the heart of Silicon Valley, IMVU is led by a team that's dedicated to pioneering the virtual reality industry. IMVU is backed by venture investors Menlo Ventures, Allegis Capital, Bridgescale Partners and Best Buy Capital.
IMVU has been recognized frequently as Best Place to Work in the Silicon Valley.
HOW TO APPLY
Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.